Electronic Vehicle Registration Card - eVRC
The introduction of the electronic vehicle registration cards with chip enhances the overall security of the registration documents and allows implementing automation of reading of the vehicle registration data in many scenarios – e.g. within police control or within eGovernment and eCommerce services as well.
In accordance with the EC Directive the data stored in the eVRC chip are protected by an electronic signature of the card issuer. This allows the document inspection terminal to prove the authenticity and the integrity of the stored data.
As an option, the chip may contain an additional security measure to prevent cloning of the chip content. The chip is then associated with an individual chip specific authentication key. This allows the document inspection terminal to prove the authenticity of the chip by verifying a signature of a random challenge signed by the eVRC chip.
- Compliance with EU Council Directive 1999/37/EC amended by 2003/127/EC and 2006/103/EC
- Active authentication to prevent cloning
- CardOS V4.4 smart card operating system from Atos IT Solutions and Services fulfilling required high security demands
- Highest document security ensured by several protection mechanisms
- Interoperability within EU
- Electronic document and data inspection in few seconds
- Automated vehicle registration data reading (e.g. within eGovernment scenarios)