Slovenská pošta, a.s. (Slovak Post)
APONet is a centralized front office system with high availability used on all 1500 branches of Slovak Post.
Automation of Products and Processes
- Reception, delivery and handover of letters and parcels, e.g. using electronic reception pack (EPH)
- Payout of pensions and social benefits
- Postal payments
- Payments and payouts of SIPO – citizen’s united payouts
- International online payments via Western Union service
- Goods and stationary sale
- Assisted public services providing legal listings – e.g. criminal record listing, cadastral listing, commercial register listing premium bonds transfer free of charge
- Sale of electronic stamps including corporate sale
- Telecommunication services (mobile operator 4ka)
- Evidence and processing of customer claims
- Additional and disposition services for addressees of consignments, e.g. time forwarding, warranties for parcel handover, post boxes
- Electronic announcement of package delivery
- Post card operations – issuing of cards, collection of bonus points, application of discounts, crediting the card, payments with the card
- Bank front end providing bank services at post office counter, see reference Banking module.
Project Implementation Dates
The first project phase has been implemented in the first half of year 2008, followed by phases of functionality extending, especially in years 2009-2010. As a part of these extensions, a migration of existing data from existing decentralizes post front office system to centralized APONet solution, as well as full automation of all post offices in Slovak Republic and their connection to APONet.
Currently, Plaut Slovensko, s.r.o is providing services of this business critical system based on servicing contract in high availability 24/7 mode and continuously implements many change requests extending the system functionality.
Specific Project Parameters
Number of Users/Workstations
More than 10 000 users (~5 000 cashiers, ~10 000 postmen), ~5 000 workstations.
Non-stop 24/7, in long-term view the availability exceeds 99.9%
Due to different connection options of branches in the network, the system offers customer service also in case of local connection drop outs, i.e. offline mode with phone authorization for financial payouts during the drop out.
Dedicated authorization server
In case of central system drop out, the requests from the network are dealt by a dedicated authorization server. The customer is served, only processing of the transaction is delayed.
Backup data center
In case the infrastructure of primary data center is dropped out, the operation is switched to the backup data center. Backup data center is geographically distinct and data is synchronized in real time with the primary center.
- Front-end client - software for cashiers
- Mobile client – software for mobile devices of couriers and warehousemen
- Self-service kiosk – software for tablets installed for customers
- Back-end client - software for back office activities at post office
- Web Management client – configuration of post offices and interfaces
- Connectors for B2B and B2G integration - web service interface for other information systems
Integrated PKI and Qualified Digital Signature
- X.509 certificate issued for all the users, implicit authentication by mutual SLS
- Qualified certificate conforming with Qualified digital signature law
- Integrated components for creation and verification of QDS
- Integration with company LDAP for user management
- Internal CA
- Card Management System for management of card’s life cycle