Sezam – Mobile Retail Solution
Sezam is a lightweight retail solution for modern venues.
Venues of Different Types:
- caffee shops
- beauty salons
- fitness centers etc.
Retail differs across markets and countries due to government regulations. E.g. in Slovakia each merchant must track its revenue in dedicated fiscal printer. However, in Czech republic each merchant must send revenue records online to central system managed by government (EET). Sezam takes this differences into consideration and supports several markets:
- Great Britain
- Slovak Republic
- Czech Republic
- Remote web management (sale items, inventory, users etc.)
- Mobile platform terminal (runs on smartphone or tablet)
- Automatic backup in Cloud
- Data analysis (plots, statistics, reports)
- Peripherals connectivity (connecting smartphone to printer, scanner etc.)
- Inventory management
- Loyalty program
Dates and Milestones
Development of Sezam dates back to 2012. The goal of Sezam was to bring lightweight mobile system to retail segment. Sezam is based on emerging mobile technology and is built on many innovative and non-standard components. Therefore the whole system was initially tested and developed directly with our customers for over a year. Sales of Sezam started in February 2014. Since then Sezam is being improved with new features for all types of retail segments.
Specific project parameters
Scalability and Readiness for Customer's Growth
Enterprise systems are often very hard to deploy and launch. Usually due to amount of workstations or amount of pheripherals (printers, scanners, weights, ...). Sezam deals with this problem by simple approach. Instead of deploying the whole system at once it can be deployed in multiple stages. Each stage enlarges the system with additional functionality and gives customer time to get used to new features.
- Downloading app to smartphone
- Connecting peripherals right with the smartphone (printer, scanner etc.)
- Adding more retail terminals (smartphones and tablets)
- Swith to Cloud (online mode)
- Online web management (sale items, inventory, user accounts etc.)
- Automatic server backup
- Data analysis (plots and statistics)
Sezam can be connected to different peripherals directly by the smartphone/tablet:
- Fiscal receipt printer (according to Slovak regulations)
- Standard POS printer (Epson, Bixolon, Nippon Primex, Zebra)
- Barcode scanner
- Authentication over eID
Mobile Terminal for 3rd Party Retail Systems
Customers who already own a retail system might use Sezem just as a simple terminal - without the need to replace the 3rd party retail system. I.e. Sezam can be used is special mode just to manage sales and orders from smartphone/tablet while data itself are stored in the 3rd party retail system (not in Sezam backend). So far Sezam works in this mode with three different retail systems.